For our Summer Reading Club wrap-up party this week I wanted the kids to make something they could take home with them as a souvenir of the summer. Because our theme was “Build It” and featured several robotic mascots, I came up with these easy CD robot puppets!
- Discarded CDs
- Robot coloring page (I used this one)
- Pencil crayons / crayons
- Popsicle sticks
- Googly eyes (optional but highly recommended) and glue (if the eyes aren’t self-sticking)
The assembly couldn’t be simpler:
- Color the robot
- Cut the robot apart
- Tape the robot body pieces to the CD, using the shiny blank side of the CD as the body
- Tape a stick to the back of the CD to make a puppet
- Add googly eyes and other decorations as desired.
- Enjoy your shiny CD robot!